Wednesday, June 6, 2007

a list.

noticed similarities between my fellow students:

1. Refining their ability to look at a bolt and determine what size wrench or socket they will need.

2. Got a little grease permanently embedded in cracks in their hands.

2a. After scrubbing with the gritty soap, their hands are as smooth as a baby's butt.

3. LOVE Mythbusters, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Mr. Wizard, etc.

4. Notice variety in coveralls. See it as a way to expand the wardrobe.

5. Need better sized pants and/or a belt or suspenders.

6. Lack a sense of humor. This one needs explanation. I don't know what is wrong with people, but a get a lot of flack for finding the humor in things. S. and I were even asked if we were tired of laughing - like it's a bad thing?!? We've been snugged when we crack jokes and take things lightly. I feel like we are constantly looked at like we are crazy. Another guy snubbed me because I was asking people to join me in a bike ride that is part of a bike festival here in portland - the ride is the donut tour. We ride around town and sample donuts. Good stuff. Well, apparently not for the kid in my class. I could see him rolling his eyes from the back of his head. His response was, "Pishhh...You're obviously from out of town...." "Um, it's a donut ride. Is that offensive?" No. Sense. Of. Humor.

7. See the joy in a quick nap while lying under a car while removing a starter for class. (Something wrong with that? I mean class starts at 7am for gods sake....)

8. Drink large quantities of energy drinks ranging from mt. dew to crazy looking drinks with claw marks and day glow pictures on them. I wonder if the liquids glow from the crazy chemicals (radioactive?) they put in that shit to PUMP people up.


(I'll keep adding to the list as time does by.)